Saturday, November 3, 2012

Baby quilt progress



This has been one crazy week.  I have been doing most of my quilting in my head.  I did manage a little sewing and here is my baby quilt progress...if the sun would ever shine, I could get better lighting for my picture.  Since my design wall is still filled with the Asian quilt, I am back to using my floor.  Maybe I need an extra wall...hmmm...where to put it...

Can't stop thinking about all the people without homes, basic needs, and housing on the East Coast.  Thankfully some creative people are coming up with quilty ways to help.  My daughter biked from Brooklyn to Manhattan to work on Friday as there is still no public transportation for her.  I can hardly think about her riding a bike on Manhattan streets without my heart racing.

:o|



5 comments:

Exuberant Color said...

A lot of people lean a second design wall in front of the first and then shufffle them to work on the projects.

Deborah said...

Your quilt is adorable . I can so understand where your heart is! Such an awful time for so many.

gale said...

So cute so far! I love those colors.

Karen said...

Your quilt is coming along really well. It is frustrating when you can't get the sun to shine on demand!
Best wishes to your daughter in NYC. It looks like it will take a while before all is back to normal.

Stephanie said...

Such sweet colors. The US are hardy folks. We always rebound and quilters always find a way to help.