I love making baby quilts. They are fun and give you a sense of satisfaction in completing something in a shorter time frame. Mine are mostly made from simple squares and I love playing with the colors and combinations. These quilts machine wash and dry like a dream...mostly made with Dream Cotton or Warm and Natural batting. I prefer Dream Cotton now since the Warm and Natural is no longer 100% cotton. They are all very simple, but fun to make as I s-l-o-w-l-y developed my skills and my comfort with mixing colors and patterns. I am not an artist by any means and this has been a long process for me. But in the past couple of years, I am beginning to feel like I am getting somewhere. One of my goals with baby quilts is to be sure there are lots of little shapes and interesting things for kids to look at as they are cuddling with the quilt.
This is my first grandson's quilt. I didn't know how easy mitering corners was yet! I made this 8 years ago!
Do you mind one more shot? :o)
1 comment:
Yes they can be quite quick and satisfying! The last photo is the best, what a cutie!!
Post a Comment