Sunday, September 5, 2010

Family Reunion Quilts

Several years ago I won a raffle quilt at our national family reunion.  It was made by my husband's cousin, Wanda, and it is beautiful.  It was machine pieced but hand quilted.  It is queen/king size quilt with room for a pillow tuck at the top.

Beautiful hand quilting...


Wanda's son dropped $50 in the dollar raffle hoping to win his mother's quilt for himself.  It was her favorite quilt, and the one she put the most heart into.  So I lovingly cared for the quilt, using it occasionally, but being sure it didn't fade or become soiled.   Last week, I returned the quilt to Wanda and thanked her for sharing it with me for a while.  Yes, I won it fair and square. But now I feel it has gone home to its rightful owner.

1 comment:

Carol E. said...

That was soooo sweet of you. Bet it warmed her heart.